Heads up… Brisbane’s longest-running Book Fair is coming soon! The UQ Alumni Book Fair will be spread over four glorious days in April/May 2022 with heaps more than text books.
This annual fundraiser is a much awaited event for Brisbane booklovers. Based at the University of Queensland, St Lucia campus, there is something for every reader and collector.
I’ll be going with a BIG carry bag!
The Book Fair is organised by volunteers who harness their love of books and generously donate their time to help raise funds to support researchers, educators and residential scholarships for UQ students.
Come along to the Book Fair for a huge range of—-
- Pre-loved books of every genre for every age group
- Sheet music
- Vinyl records
- Occasional photographs, print or piece of memorabilia
- Special Family Day for young readers
- The Rare Book auction is biennial and next event is 2023
- Register now White Gloves talk on rare Australian books at UQ Fryer Library.
Donating books—-The Book Bunker is available for donations at UQ’s Long Pocket Campus, 80 Meiers Road, Indooroopilly, Brisbane.
Below are thoughts and photos from three of my previous visits 😀
♥ Gretchen Bernet-Ward